Thursday, November 6, 2008

Looking Forward


So I'm still a little too stuck in the post-Election euphoria to have much to say. On Wednesday, New York almost felt like a different town. There was an understood collective feeling of joy and pride and it felt really good to be a part of it. After work, I went to meet up for dinner/drinks with Stephanie to celebrate her birthday (Happy 25, my friend!) I stopped to pick up champagne and while I was at the store a woman came in looking to buy a celebratory bottle. She was bedecked in Obama paraphernalia and just started chatting with everyone there about how it was a day to celebrate. The response was not 'who's this crazy??' (as it typically would be in Manhattan), but instead people were really receptive - sharing their own feelings and enthusiasm. I left the shop smiling, walked out and looked up to see the empire state building, which had been red & blue for the election on Tuesday, all blue. What a beautiful image.

Anyway, my concern Tuesday for the sanity of Obama volunteers should he lose did not come true. But I am certain there will still be a sense of let down for those who contributed so much for the cause. The Onion, apparently, was certain too. Check out the video and watch for my friend Moses, who does their video editing.

No comments: