Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fuerzabruta

Tonight my friend Anna got me comp tickets to go see Fuerzabruta in Union Square. I had heard about this play/theatrical experience before from other people, but I didn't exactly know what to expect. I was blown away. You stand for the full 70 minutes of the show while the action happens around you, in front of you and on top of you. It was kind of a Cirque de Soleil meets...I don't even know! At one point this thick, plastic ceiling is lowered and these women are swimming and moving through this shallow water - all above your head. The ceiling is lowered so much that you can actually touch it and feel their bodies through the plastic. It's an insane experience. Here is a preview for the show, but it doesn't even begin to describe the experience of seeing it live.



It's nights like this that I feel so grateful to be living in such a vibrant city full of culture and excitement - and great friends to hook you up with free tix!

No comments: