Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fall in the City


It's days like today that make me think I could live in New York for the rest of my life. Don't worry parents, around mid-February when it seems there's no end to the sub-zero temperatures and again at the end of July when "lip sweat" has re-entered my vocabulary, I'll be looking to more temperate climates. But right now, in the heart of fall, I can think of no place I'd rather be than New York City. This morning, I walked to my local coffee shop (which serves Stumptown coffee. No one does caffeine better than the PNW!) with my jacket unzipped and New Yorker in tow. The second I stepped outside my apartment I was immediately in a great mood. The sun was out and the air was crisp and autumny (yes, I'm using it as an adjective). There were leaves EVERYWHERE: littering the sidewalks, crushed in the streets and a few clinging to the near-barren tree branches.While Washington definitely has seasons, with all the evergreen trees, you just don't see the same amount or caliber of leaves. Red and orange are everywhere here and make me crave glasses of red wine and egg nog lattes.

On an entirely separate note, for those of you who either share my love of icanhascheezburger or just don't get it, today salon.com had an article about how the best posts on icanhascheezburger depict basic human emotion. It also explains why the sad ones are always my favorite. Enjoi. Kthxbai.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your cat obsession. also, did you read modern love today? i thought it was a good one. have a good sunday! miss you!

Stephanie said...

I don't think you should be allowed to utter the term "lip sweat" in November. Then again, is it possible for one to actually "utter" anything on a blog? I don't know. Maybe you should write a blog entry about it. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, going through your stuff (please make sure it includes red wine and egg nog lattes).