Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Culture Binge


I had a truly incredible past weekend full of museums and museums. The city of New York is full of exciting activities if you just look for them. Saturday, after cooking dinner with some friends, we headed over to the Brooklyn Museum for First Saturday (technically "Target's First Saturday. Gotta have a sponsor, right?) The museum was open and free until 11pm with music, ballroom dancing, DJs and wine. There was an incredible turnout and it was a good chance to finally check out my local museum. There's a permanent feminist art collection which I thought had some especially interesting pieces. The picture is taken looking in on a DJ'd dance party at the museum. Sunday, I went to the Met for the second time. The museum is so large that I managed to spend a good couple of hours exploring without going into any of the exhibits for a second time. Overall, a great (and free!) weekend.

No comments: